Saturday 14 January 2012

Genre & Sub-Genre

Genre means what category something goes into. Sub genre's are a part of a certain genre, it is what comes under the main genre.

An example of this would be the Thriller genre. It has many sub genre's that can relate to it. Such as Action Thrillers, Romantic Thrillers and so on.
The sub genre that interests me most is Suspense Thrillers. An example of this would be the film Disturbia. It is about a teenage boy who  has witnessed a murder from his room whilst on house arrest. Through out the film, the boy tries to uncover the murder whilst getting from two friends. 




Since this film was a Suspense Thriller, I think that I could also make my film into this kind of genre. Building suspense in a film is hard, but I think I will have to try it out and see how to improve it. I'd try to use different camera techniques such as extreme close ups and make it seem mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment